Generations Youth Ministry (GYM) is a place for kids to discover the amazing love and power of God; where kids learn to know, obey and trust God. The ministry breaks down the Word of God and teaches youth how to walk and talk the Christian lifestyle at an age-appropriate level for children, birth to High School.
What Is GYM
Our Purpose, Mission & Goal
Our purpose is to instill the character, biblical foundations and principles of Christ into the hearts and minds of all children.
Our mission is to equip children at their present age to develop an understanding of Christ that they would begin to develop and build a personal relationship with Christ.
Our goal is to work hand in hand with parents as we together, raise children who wholeheartedly serve Christ through obedience, worship, and Godly character.
Register Your Student with the Generations Youth Ministry
This will allow for information pertaining to our Youth to be submitted to their respective Ministry Managers for follow-up and communication.
- B.I.G. (7th Grade and Younger, Children’s Church, Child Evangelism and Nursery)
- H.O.L.L.A. (8th – 12th Grade)
- F.U.E.L. (Bible Studies)
- Youth After CHRIST
- Generations Youth Choir (GYC)
- Vacation Bible School (VBS)
- Administration / Special Events
GYM Sunday Services
2nd and 3rd Sundays
FUEL Bible Study
Youth Spotlights due 3rd Sundays
Generations Supports Church School
Generations is encouraging all Young People to attend Church School at least once a month. The Christian Education Department is full of great teachers (like Pastor McClendon teaching the Future Leaders Class). Come out 9:00am on Sunday Mornings. There are classes for all ages.
Generations Supports Evangelism & Discipleship
Come out on 4th Sundays at 6:00pm and participate in sharing CHRIST with our Target Populations. Youth can win Youth for the Kingdom. (Note: No meetings in June, July, August)
Any Young Person interested in going from Christian to Disciple, come check out “I’m Saved, Now What?”. Come out on 2nd, 3rd and 4th Sundays, following Morning Worship in Room 150.
Children’s literature has a wealth of insightful, educational, and appealing books to help educate children about race and racial injustice in the United States. Including everything from picture books to novels, covering both historical and contemporary struggles, this list of children’s books can help parents better inform their children about the realities of race and racial injustice in the United States.
Special Events & Announcements
Check back for upcoming events
Helpful Learning Resources
- Starfall – Games, Movies, & Books for PreK – 3
- Storyline Online – Actors Reading Books Aloud
- National Geographic Kids – Fun Learning
- Vocabulary Spelling City – Spelling Practice and Games
- Khan Academy – K-12 Coursework
- DreamBox Learning – Onine K-8 Math
- XtraMath – Online Math Mastery
- Education.com – At-Home Learning PreK-5
- GoNoodle – Movement and Mindfulness Videos
- Yoga with Adriene – Yoga and Meditation Videos
Rev. DeVon Odems
Youth Pastor / Department Head